Library Reopens with Limited Service from 18 August 2021
MPI Libraries will be reopened with limited hours to staff and students ONLY starting from Wednesday 18 August 2021.
Limited Opening Hours
|Main Library||2nd Floor, Wui Chi Building, Main Campus||Monday - Friday
Saturday and Sunday
|Lam Kan Special Library||2nd Floor, Chi Un Building, Main Campus||Monday - Friday
|Library (Taipa Campus)||1st Floor, Pearl Jubilee Building, Taipa Campus||Monday - Friday 10:00-18:00|
Physical Access to the Library
- The physical access to the Library is limited to MPI staff and students ONLY.
- Users are required to use hand sanitizer when entering the Library and wear their own face masks at ALL TIME in the Library.
- Library will increase the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting the facilities.
Services and Facilities
- The number of seats in the Library will be reduced to keep a good social distance amongst users and the number of users allowed inside each Library in any given time will be limited. If the maximum number of users exceeds, there may be a wait to access the Library.
- Users are also advised to sit far apart from each other. Please do not move chairs around.
- All group study rooms remain closed.
Handling of Library Materials
- Users are required to use the Self-Service Checkout Station to borrow the books. A Self-Help Book Sterilizer is also available for use.
- Due dates for all existing loans have been extended to 1 SEPTEMBER 2021 or after, Borrowers should return their borrowed items by due date as far as possible. Late return will be liable to overdue charges. The due date of your borrowed item(s) can be checked via login to “My Library Record” using your NetID.
- All returned materials will be sanitized.
Book Retrieval Service
- External Readers holding valid “Borrowing Card” or “Macau Academic Libraries Consortium Institutional Card” may request the library items you want to borrow by sending the email to email@example.com. The requester will be notified by email when the requested item(s) is ready for pick up at the “Smart Locker - Self-Service Holds Pick-Up System” or at the entrance of the Library. All checkout items will be sanitized.
Library will resume full services gradually, please check the library webpage for latest update.
Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 8599-6241, 8599-6708 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your kind understanding and cooperation.