MPI Libraries Reopen From 1 September 2020
Please be informed that the following libraries are scheduled to reopen on September 1 for the new academic year. In order to ensure full compliance with health and safety guidelines, the below measures need to be carried out.
During our initial reopening, MPI Libraries facilities will be reserved for MPI staff and students use ONLY. Please be sure to bring your staff/student card to access the Library.
2nd Floor, Wui Chi Building, Main Campus
Monday - Friday 09:00-22:00
Saturday and Sunday 12:00-20:00
Lam Kan Special Library
2nd Floor, Chi Un Building, Main Campus
Monday - Friday 09:00-13:00, 14:30-17:30
Library (Taipa Campus) (former name Centre for Gaming and Tourism Studies Library)
1st Floor, Pearl Jubilee Building, Taipa Campus
Monday - Friday 10:00-20:00
Closed on public holidays
Physical Access to the Library
- The physical access to the Library is limited to MPI staff and students ONLY. Please present your staff/student card when enter the Library.
- Users are required to use hand sanitizer when entering the Library and wear their own face masks at ALL TIME in the Library.
- Library will increase the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting the facilities.
Services and Facilities
- The number of seats in the Library will be reduced to keep a good social distance amongst users and the number of users allowed inside each Library in any given time will be limited. If the maximum number of users exceeds, there may be a wait to access the Library.
- Users are also advised to sit far apart from each other. Please do not move chairs around.
- Available study rooms can be reserved with reduced capacity.
- Tablet Computers Loan service will be resumed. Equipment that is returned by library users will be sanitized before being lent out again.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service will be available depends on the latest arrangement of partner libraries. Please check with our Library staff first.
- Library face-to-face activities such as workshops and orientations will resume with a reduced number of attendees.
Handling of Library Materials
- Users are required to use the Self-Service Checkout Station to borrow the books. A Self-Help Book Sterilizer is also available for use.
- Due dates for all existing loans have been extended to 6 OCTOBER 2020 or after, Borrowers should return their borrowed items by due date as far as possible. Late return will be liable to overdue charges. The due date of your borrowed item(s) can be checked via login to "My Library Record" using your NetID.
- All returned materials will be sanitized.
Book Retrieval Service
- External Readers holding valid "Borrowing Card" or "Macau Academic Libraries Consortium Institutional Card" may request the library items you want to borrow by sending the email to email@example.com. The requester will be notified by email when the requested item(s) is ready for pick up at the "Smart Locker - Self-Service Holds Pick-Up System" or at the entrance of the Library. All checkout items will be sanitized.
Library will resume full services gradually, please check the library webpage for the latest update.
Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 8599-6241, 8599-6708 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your kind understanding and cooperation.