Library Reopens with Limited Service from 13 May 2020
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
In light of the current situation of the novel coronavirus pneumonia pandemic, the Library will reopen with limited hours to staff and students ONLY starting from Wednesday 13 May 2020.
Limited Opening Hours
- Monday – Friday: 10:00 – 17:00
- Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays: Closed
Physical Access to the Library
- The physical access to the Library is limited to MPI staff and students ONLY.
- Students are required to make the reservation in advance by phone (8599- 6241, 8599-6708) or email (email@example.com) to enter the Library.
- Users are required to use hand sanitizer when entering the Library and wear their own face masks at ALL TIME in the Library.
- Library will increase the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting the facilities.
Services and Facilities
- The number of seats in the Library will be reduced to keep a good social distance amongst users and the maximum of 50 users will be allowed in at any given time.
- Users are also advised to sit far apart from each other. Please do not move chairs around.
- Users can use the study cubicles on a first come first served basis, no reservations required. All group study rooms remain closed.
- Inter-Library Loan and Tablet Computers Loan services are suspended.
- All Library workshops and events are suspended until further notice.
Handling of Library Materials
- Users are required to use the Self-Service Checkout Station to borrow the books. A Self-Help Book Sterilizer is also available for use.
- Staff and students should return their borrowed items on or before the specified due date as far as possible. Books with due date between 24 January, 2020 and fully reopening date will be automatically extended. The due date of your borrowed item(s) can be checked via login to "My Library Record" using your NetID.
- All students expecting to graduate in May 2020 should return their loans immediately.
- All returned materials will be sanitized.
Book Retrieval Service
- Staff and students may request the library items you want to borrow by sending the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The requester will be notified by email when the requested item(s) is ready for pick up at the "Smart Locker - Self-Service Holds Pick-Up System". All checkout items will be sanitized.
Library will resume normal operations gradually depends on the development of the COVID-19 situation. Please check the library webpage for latest update.
Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 8599-6241, 8599-6708 or email to email@example.com.
Thank you for your kind understanding and cooperation.