What is an ORCID iD and Why Do I Need One?
ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor Identifier) provides a persistent digital identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher and, through integration in key research workflows such as manuscript and grant submission, supports automated linkages between you and your professional activities ensuring that your work is recognized.
Your ORCID id:
- Distinguishes you from other researchers
- Connects you with your contributions and affiliations
- Improves recognition and discoverability
- Reduces the need for repetitive form-filling
- Integrates with many institutions, funders, and publishers
- Persists throughout your lifetime
Watch this video to learn more:
Register for an ORCID iD NOW!