Application of ISBN
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
An International Standard Book Number (ISBN) is a unique code for the identification of books, which is used whenever information on books needs to be recorded or communicated.
The applications of ISBNs for the Macao Polytechnic Institute are assigned by the Library.
An ISBN should be assigned to:
- Printed books and pamphlets.
- New edition of a book (change of format – such as microform, large print, change of binding – such as paperback, hardbound, change of title, author or publisher, change in size, text or illustrations, etc).
- Non-printed materials: microform publications, educational videos or movies, audio books, electronic publications etc.
- Mixed media publications.
An ISBN should NOT be assigned to:
- Reprinted books.
- Ephemeral printed materials such as posters, diaries, calendars, theatre and concert programs, advertising matter, catalogs, etc.
- Sheet music, art prints and art folders without a title page of text.
- Sound recordings.
- Serial publications such as newspapers, magazines and annual reports (do not receive an ISBN, but are given an International Standard Serial Number (ISSN)).
This is a service for members of the Macao Polytechnic Institute.
After finalize the manuscript, design layout and before printing, the applicant should submit:
- 1 copy of Cover Page
- 1 copy of Title Page (Chinese Sample / Portuguese Sample)
- 1 copy of Colophon Page (Chinese Sample / Portuguese Sample / Chinese-Portuguese Bilingual Sample)
- Copy of MPI approval documents
- And provide the following information to the Library to process:
- Paperback or Hardbound
- Total number of pages
- Launch date
- Volume Set or Separate edition
- Language(s) of text
Processing time for an ISBN application is about 5 working days (Saturdays and Sundays and holidays are not working days) from the date of our receipt of the completed information.
Applicants are required to send 30 copies of the book for the Library after it is published, in which 5 copies will be sent to the Macao Public Library (according to the Administrative Regulation 10/2008 amended of Decree-law 72/89/M), 1 copy send to the Library of the Legislative Assembly of the Macao SAR (according to the Law No. 3/2015 amended of Law No.11/2000), 2 copies for the Library collection and remaining copies will be used for international exchange with cooperating libraries.
|Contact Person||Mr. Rex Wu|